Cheap Virginia Slims cigarettes for sale. Buy Virginia Slims cigarettes online at discount prices. Smoke low cost Virginia Slims cigarettes from tax free cheap cigarettes shop, specially designed for tobacco smokers from USA. Discover the true taste of Virginia Slims cigarettes and reasonable competitive prices with Cigarettes-Shop.us !
Offer price: 4 x $20.50 = $82.00
Offer price: 4 x $20.50 = $82.00
Offer price: 4 x $19.45 = $77.80
Offer price: 2 x $20.50 = $41.00
Offer price: 2 x $20.50 = $41.00
Offer price: 4 x $20.50 = $82.00
Cheap Virginia Slims cigarettes catalog. Smoking Virginia Slims with discount coupons. Buy Virginia Slims Super purse pack, Virginia Slims Lights, Virginia Slims 120s, Virginia Slim Luxury.
Virginia Slims is a brand of cigarette manufactured by Philip Morris USA and Philip Morris International. The brand was introduced in 1968 and marketed to young professional women using the slogan "You've come a long way, baby." Some media watch groups considered this campaign to be responsible for a rapid increase in smoking among teenage girls. Later campaigns have used the slogans, "It's a woman thing," in the 1990s, and "Find your voice." A report by the Surgeon General of the United States has interpreted these marketing strategies as attempting to link smoking "to women's freedom, emancipation, and empowerment." This report also tied the increase of smoking among teenage girls to rises in sales of Virginia Slims and other "niche" brands marketed directly to women.
Discount Virginia Slims Cigarettes are much narrower (23mm circumference) than ordinary cigarettes (hence, "Slims"), and are also longer than normal "king-sized" cigarettes (which are 85mm), sold only in longer 100mm and 120mm lengths, to give the cigarettes a more "elegant" appearance and ostensibly to reduce the amount of smoke they produce. They are also sold in "Superslims", "light," "ultra-light," and menthol varieties. The packaging, designed by Walter Landor, is white with colored stripes running lengthwise along the left side.
Virginia Slims smokes were introduced on July 22, 1968, by Philip Morris, and marketed as a female-oriented spinoff to their Benson and Hedges brand. The blends, flavorings, color scheme, and overall marketing concepts closely followed the Benson and Hedges model. Early packs (1968-1978) read "Benson and Hedges Park Avenue New York", near the bottom.
The first test market was San Francisco, California. Originally scheduled for six months, it was cut short after seven weeks due to the success of the introduction - a nearly 3% market penetration. Distribution and marketing was implemented nationwide, and by September 30, 1968, the entire U.S. was covered.
* In 1976, a 120-mm full-flavor packing was test-marketed in Fresno, California. Designed to compete with RJ Reynolds 'More' brand, the test ultimately failed and this entry was withdrawn.
* In 1978, Virginia Slims Lights were introduced, with good success. Although early marketing concepts included soft pack, Philip Morris decided to use a box-pack design only.
Throughout the 70s and early 80s, growth and market penetration was significant, drawing the attention of competitors who introduced their own slim, female-oriented brands (such as American Tobacco Company's Misty, Brown and Williamson's Capri, Liggett's Eve, and R.J Reynolds' Dawn).
* In 1984, Virginia Slims Ovals were test marketed, but were unsuccessful and withdrawn. Ovals were light, and had an oval-shaped cross section.
* In 1985, Virginia Slims Luxury Light 120s were introduced - a 120 mm length packing again intended to better compete with RJ Reynolds 'More' brand, as well as other 120s on the market. The introduction was successful. This packing has since become a mainstay of the smoking glamour community. It is arguable as to whether VS120s are truly 'light', since their rating numbers compare more closely to full-flavor.
* In 1987, Ultra-Light 100s were introduced, in keeping with changing consumer tastes, other competitive entries, and the Benson and Hedges model. Marginally successful, this packing remains on the market today.
* In 1990, Ultra-Light SuperSlim 100s were introduced, in response to ultra-thin (21mm circumference) competition and consumer demand for a 'low-smoke' product entry. These were also marginally successful, and remain on the market.
* In 1993, a 10-Pack version of Light 100s were introduced, with 10 cigarettes per pack, costing approximately half the price of a 20-pack. This entry had limited success and came under attack from critics. It was ultimately withdrawn.
* In 1994, Virginia Slims Kings (85mm length) were designed as a discount entry and possibly to compete with other king-size entries such as RJ Reynolds' Camel brand. It is not clear whether Kings were ever test marketed, but they were never introduced on a nationwide basis.
* In 2003, a box-pack was introduced for full-flavor 100s, in response to consumer demand. This packing is steadily displacing the classic soft-pack.
* In 2004, Ultra-Light 120s were introduced with marginal success. It is likely that this packing will continue to be supported.
* In 2008, Virginia Slims Superslims introduced a smaller size "Purse Pack."
All packings were simultaneously introduced in both Menthol and Non-menthol (e.g., Regular or Filter) varieties. Unlike most other brands, Menthol represents 40%-55% of the total sales of a particular packing (vs. 25%-35%).
In all, there have been 11 packings introduced or test marketed in the US, of which 7 are still on the market. There are other varieties marketed in the Asian-Pacific region, Russia, and South Africa. Virginia Slims Cigarette has never had a significant European or South American presence.
From inception, Virginia Slims Cigarette have been designed and marketed as a female-oriented brand, generally targeted towards a younger demographic (18-35 year olds). While various themes have emerged in the marketing campaigns over the years, the basic threads have been independence, liberation, slimness, attractiveness, glamour, style, taste, and a contrast to men's cigarettes.
In the 1960s and 1970s, the themes of feminism and women's liberation, with the slogan "You've Come A Long Way, Baby" were often used in the ads, and often featured anecdotes about women in the early 20th century who were punished for being caught smoking, usually by their husbands or other men, as compared to the time of the ads when more women had equal rights, usually comparing smoking to things like the right to vote. Television and print ads often featured well-known models and designer fashions. Print ads were generally placed in women's magazines, and formed the mainstay of the marketing campaign, supplemented with billboards and point-of-purchase displays. From 1969 until 1971 (when cigarette advertising on television became prohibited), television advertising was an important component.
Virginia Slims Cigarette also sponsored the Women's Tennis Association Tour. This sponsorship is sometimes credited for the growth and success of women's tennis during the 70's and early 80's.
Several other, less important, marketing vehicles were employed, such as the Virginia Slims Book of Days (a day timer/calendar book), fashion shows, and an extensive line of products, apparel, and accessories.
The Leo Burnett advertising agency handled the Virginia Slims account throughout most of the product lifetime.
From its inception until 1978, Virginia Slims saw a steady increase in market share to 1.75% (3.9% of all female smokers). With the introduction of Lights in 1978, the market share increased to 2.5%. Other packings, including 120s, Ultra Lights, and Superslims helped push the market share to a peak of 3.1% (nearly 7% of female smokers) in 1989. With increased competition from other brands, notably Capri and Misty, the brand lost ground but stabilized at around 2.4% though 2003. Since then, it has lost about .1% per year, and was 2.0% in 2007. This slow but steady decline is expected to continue, since the brand is no longer heavily promoted. Despite this, brand loyalty is well above average, and is still one of the highest in the industry.
Dear and beloved customers! Our online store always likes to support you and we have created special offers. Today we have special prices for all smokers. From now you can order Camel Cigarettes, Marlboro Micro Cigarettes, Vogue cigarettes and Davidoff cigarettes for lowered price. Please check your favorite brand and see what discount you will receive. We work hard to satisfy our customers, and we always happy to new customers, so call your friends here. Offers Price, $ Amount Total, $...
Fewer middle school and high school students are smoking cigarettes discount cigarette online or using smokeless cigarettes, according to 2011 Florida Youth cigarettes for sale Survey. Compared to last year, this data shows a decrease of 9.2 percent among high school students and a decrease of 28.6 percent among middle school students. According to the 2010 survey, 2.7% percent of middle schoolers in Broward said they smoked cigarettes store on one or more of the past 30 days compared to a statewide average of 4.9%. At the high school level, 8% said they smoked online cigarettes in...
With a fourth smoke cigarettes shop in Tooele City opening last month, the Tooele City Council is now considering an ordinance restricting the location of new shops that specialize in cigarettes and cigarettes-related products. Tooele City Council Chairman Scott Wardle requested that Roger Baker, city attorney, research and prepare a draft ordinance after Wardle noticed a smoke cigarettes shop opening at 80 W. Vine Street. The shop is less than one block from the city library and three blocks from Tooele High School, and that’s a problem, Wardle said. “As its stands now, with no...
As a teenager, Adam Fargher ignored peer pressure to smoke, but in college, the social appeal of cigarettes store and conversation won him over. Now a junior in electrical engineering at Oregon State University, he started smoking cigarettes pipes, eventually moving onto cigarettes. Meanwhile his wife, who had given up years of cigarette smoking cigarettes before she met him, quickly fell back into her old habits. “She had a rough time quitting, and I brought that back into our home,” Fargher said. Although he didn’t consider himself a chain smoker, Fargher felt bad that what he...
November marks five years since Florida voters overwhelmingly approved a state constitutional amendment that called for reinstating a cheap cigarettes education and use prevention program. The Florida Department of Health’s (DOH) program, cigarettes Free Florida (TFF), is a comprehensive effort to reduce buy cigarettes use in the state. Now is the time to look back at TFF’s accomplishments and the efforts that are saving lives and saving taxpayers millions of dollars. November is also a time to educate Floridians about the challenges of cigarettes online use and the devastating...